It is difficult to thank everyone but we would like to acknowledge the tremendous interest and continuing help of key individuals, offices, businesses and civic organizations who have embraced the potential of Color On The Creek.
- Members of The Men’s Garden Club of Frederick have been the backbone for this effort with members of the Rotary Club of Carroll Creek providing critical labor and financial assistance as well
- Lead sponsors: The Wine Kitchen and BB &T Bank
- The Ausherman Family Trust and Flying Dog Brewery
- The Tourism Council of Frederick County, Inc.
- Miles and Stockbridge, Mason Dixon BBQ, The Black Hog, Ec’cletibles, NVR Homes, Volt, FCB, Colonial Jewelers and The Piano Works
- Rob and Bonnie Swanson have provided excellent technical advice and logistical support. Jon Sander from Lilypons water gardens for his technical advice. Jim and Sharon Lillard, Dr. Max Wingerd and Lisa Collins have provided an artistic eye, ingenuity and web support. Alan Simmons of Appalachian Landscape & Management and his crews have helped with expertise and labor. State Senator Ron Young who offered assistance in securing a grant through the state capital bond bill fund. Pete and Luke Markey of Creative Metal Design. Toby Mendez, Patricia Torres and the welding students of the FCC Building Trades Program provided significant assistance in fabricating metal stands for this project. Donna Moore for creek maintenance and other services.
- Mary Jefferson of Make it Count Marketing for social media creation and management
- Kim Roberts of d2edesign
- Frederick Parks and Recreation Department
- Water and Sewer Department for critical water level regulation
- The Mayor’s office and many other elected city officials
- Junior Fire House
Thanks to all volunteers and donors, large and small, for support to this effort.